Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chilean Club Scene/One week down!

On friday night we were invited by our group leader to a welcome party here at a club in Valpo. Here in Chile people do not start going out until 11 or 12 and stay out until the really early hours in the morning. And they go out hard, it actually is really exhausting keeping up with them!

Because I am the only one in Valpo, I had to figure out my own way down to the club. I asked my host mom and she told me that I should walk down on the 20 minute walk and take a cab back. Well it was 10:45pm so I was a little nervous to walk down by myself, but it turned out to be perfectly fine because there seemed to be a lot of people out on the street walking around to different bars and restaurants.  It was a beautiful walk because I got to see all of the beautiful lights of the city. (The photo is from a friend because I cannot upload my photos yet, but this is Valpo at night!)


I walked and at first was lost but eventually found other girls from my group and found the club. Because it was a welcome party we got VIP wristbands and got to go all the way to the top and meet with the other exchange students. At first it was only us because none of the Chileans go out until late. But once they showed up it was a blast. The DJ played both American (old music) and spanish music. It was a blast, but by the end of the night my feet hurt! The club scene is amazing and fun. Unlike America, you do not have to get all dressed up to go out, no one cares!


It has basically been one week since I got here! I survived and I love it! Tomorrow I get to start all of my Chilean classes, which I am excited about/ nervous! My family is leaving tonight for two weeks, leaving me here to fend for myself. The maid will come during the week from 9am-4pm and cook for me, but I am a little nervous to have the house to myself. Some of my friends are going to come over to cook and hangout, and I may stay some days in ViƱa with Melissa! I'll keep you up dated!

Chao pescado (see you later Alligator)

Oh before I forget, for Easter week I am going with some friends to Patagonia (Southern Chile) for almost a week. I am so excited, i'll get to see Torres del Paine, penguins, and so much more!
++ We have a two week vacation and are going to go to Argentina and explore that area. Melissa and I are going to go to Machu Picchu, Peru in April. I have no classes on friday so I will be spending my weekends traveling!


No comments:

Post a Comment